Sunday, May 13, 2007

Post-Agile

I’ve written before about the Agile backlash I see coming.  But what I’ve been wondering is: what comes next?


One idea comes from James Noble and others who have suggested Post-Modern Programming.  I like the idea, it helps us understand the world better and it helps reposition our view of software development but it doesn’t tell us to do anything differently.  Post-Modern programming is more a philosophical understanding than a prescription.


Myself I’m a big proponent of Learning Based Software Development.  While this changes the emphasis on in software development I’ve yet to develop the ideas into a proposal for anything more than … well ideas.


Actually Learning Based Software Development (yes I just invented the term so lets invent the abbreviation LBSD) can be seen as a software specific version of Knowledge Based Product Development.  (Sorry, one of the entries with messed up formatting.)


This week I stumbled across a blog by Jason Gorman in which he discusses Post-Agile.  This is the first time I’ve heard the term and it seems I’m a little late to the party.  (Also a sign that I need to get to XTC a bit more regularly.)


It appears from what Jason says that opinion is divided on what “Post Agile” means yet but one possible explanation is: Being informed by the Agile/Lean movement but not following any prescribed methodology.  If that is what it means than good, it could be what I’m looking for.


But boy, Post-Agile is such a pretentious title.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.